- the salon must pay attention to energy savings and environmental hazards
In Green Salon we realize that we can not fight all harmfu chemicals at a time, so we have selected a list of cosmetic chemicals, which we comsider to be the most imediate problematic ones. We also consider that useful alternatives are at hand. In this way we have succeeded in aoiding parabens, oxidizing hair colours and a number of other chemicals.
Our principle is that chemicals are never allowed if is scientifically proven that they are
- strongly or extremely sensitizing (lige PTD and PPD)
- endocrine disruptive or under suspicion of being this
- dangerous to unborn children or under suspicion of being this
- carcinogenic or under suspicion of being this
Products with chemicals from the Green Salons List of Banned Chemicals are never allowed in a Green Salon, neither in used products nor in retail products including make-up and detergents for cleaning the salon.
Green Salon is solely funded by the annual fee paid by the salons for the annual inspection. Green Salon is non-profit and mostly based at unpaid work by volunteers.